Grants and Development Manager- CORE Districts
Location: Sacramento preferred
Type: Full time
Minimum Experience: Senior-level
CORE Districts is a nonprofit organization focused on raising student achievement through collaboration between eight California school districts. CORE is in an exciting phase of growth and development and is seeking an enthusiastic professional to fill the role of a Grants and Development Manager for the CORE Districts program.
The Grants and Development Manager will have both internal and external facing responsibilities, including identifying, developing, writing, and submitting grant proposals and reports that garner 50k to multimillion-dollar funds from foundations. In addition, s/he will cultivate and maintain relationships with foundation contacts and program officers. This position will require excellent oral and written communication skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter committed to CORE’s mission with nonprofit and/or education experience. Approximately 10-15 days of single day or overnight travel will be required throughout the year.
Grants Responsibilities - 70%
- STRONG proposal writing and reporting. Responsibilities include:
- Developing, writing, and submitting grant proposals and reports that garner 50k to multimillion-dollar funds from foundations.
- Researching foundations and government agencies in order to write proposals that match interest and opportunities.
- Maintaining effective and timely communication with Capitol Impact’s management and program staff in order to develop and submit successful grant proposals and reports.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with foundation contacts and program officers: The Grants and Development Manager must anticipate potential changes in foundation funding strategies, thus maintaining relationships with foundation leaders is an important component of this position. The Grants and Development Manager also has responsibility for forecasting annual foundation revenue.
- Prospect Identification: Manage and execute appropriate strategies for identifying and soliciting new prospects and obtaining funding.
- Data Management: Maintain accurate data for past, current, and prospective foundation donors and government grants. Develop and maintain accurate tracking systems for reporting requirements and all types of foundation relations activity.
- Administration: Work with leadership and financial team members to develop and manage the foundation budget as part of the overall institutional budget, develop and execute an annual work plan, and prepare other reports as requested by management.
- Budgeting: Work with leadership and financial team members to manage an annual organizational budget.
- Other: Assume additional responsibilities as assigned. Serve as an active member of the CORE Districts teams, contributing to goal setting and the refinement of processes and procedures. Provide on- and offsite support for events and other activities as needed.
Communications and Outreach Responsibilities - 30%
- Write and produce articles, blogs, presentations, infographics, and other communications materials
- Develop high-quality draft materials for communications
- Quality control and proofreading materials
- Bachelor’s degree and over three years of experience with fundraising and grant writing in the non-profit or education sectors required; Master’s in a related field is a plus.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff. This position is writing intensive, strong writing skills are required.
- An understanding of program budgeting, with the ability to read and assess financial documents. Experience with finance and/or accounting is preferred.
- Competency in project management, charting/graphics, and other basic office software. Experience in developing graphics for marketing purposes, a plus.
- An eye for detail and accuracy in spelling, grammar, facts, and content.
- Flexible and able to multi-task, with experience responding to multiple priorities while maintaining a positive attitude and good humor.
- Passionate about CORE’s mission and able to promote and communicate their philosophies to external and internal partners.
Salary and Benefits
$50-60,000 annually, depending on education and experience, plus a benefits package that includes a flexible vacation schedule as well as health, dental, vision coverage and 401(K) matching.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Position is open immediately until filled.